High Country News: The desert divided. Maya Kapoor, March, 2018.
BioScience: Border walls and biodiversity. Lesley Evans Ogden 2017 (Vol 67:498)
KNAU: Scientists struggle to study border wall’s effects on wildlife. Melissa Sevigny, 2017
Scientific American: Trump’s wall may threaten thousands of species. Cally Carswell, 2017
Popular Science: A border wall of solar panels is not good for the environment. Kendra Pierre-Louis, 2017
Texas Tribune: Scientists say Trump’s border wall will stop animals but not people. Kiah Collier 2017
Agence France-Presse: Trump wall threatens animals without borders. Yemeli Ortega, 2017
Seeker: Trump's wall with block animals more than people. Jen Viegas, 2017
Nature. Trump’s border-wall pledge threatens delicate desert ecosystems. Brian Owens, 2016
- Slate Magazine. Trump’s Wall? Also terrible for conservation and scientific collaboration, M. Soniak, 2016
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. Contributed to program about border wall and wildlife, 2016
- Arizona Illustrated (Episode 119). US-Mexico border development and wildlife, Tony Paniagua, 2015
- Churea. In search of the Pygmy-Owl, Carlos Gonzalez. July-August 2014.
- Vermilion Flycatcher. Ferruginous pygmy-owl & climate adaptation, Matt Clark and Chris McVie. 59(4), 2014
- The All-Bird Bulletin. Aros/Yaqui Habitat Conservation, Megan Southern. Spring 2014.
- Sonorensis Magazine. Into the Mexican Sky Islands, Sky Jacobs. Winter 2013.
- Terra Magazine. Rivers in rough country, Sky Jacobs. 2012.
- UA News. Border fence blocks wildlife movement, Alan Fischer. June 2010.
- American Scientist. Science observer - don't fence me out, Anna Lena Phillips. November-December 2009.
- The Wildlife Professional. Science in short – border fence impacts, The Wildlife Society. Fall 2009.
- Birding Magazine. News and notes - birds of northern Sonora, Paul Hess. July 2009.
- Discovery News. U.S.-Mexico border fence may snag wildlife, Jessica Marshall. July 2009.
- Los Angeles Times. U.S.-Mexico border fence isolates wildlife, Amy Littlefield. July 2009.
- Science Daily. U.S.-Mexico border wall could threaten wildlife species. July 2009.
- Audubon Magazine. The borderlands - border jumpers. Judy Leibach September - October 2007.
- Associated Press. Pygmy-owl declining in Mexico, Arthur Rotstein. February 2007.